Saturday, August 29, 2009

Birthday Party!


Favorite thing AM did this week

We have had a busy week--lots of visitors, birthday greetings, and finally the 2-year birthday bash yesterday, complete with a Mo Willems Pigeon theme. AM had a great time, and considering we had a lot of toddlers in the house, there were a very limited amount of tantrums from both the kids and the grown-ups Here are some highlights from my camera. My mother-in-law took a lot more pictures, so I hope she has some of the children I missed getting photos of...
Pigeon Party

Favorite thing I read this week

My mom and I poured over the Mini Boden fall/winter catalogue this morning. They are always having great sales (i.e. "Buy 4, Get 1 for $1"), and their clothes are fantastic for little ones--cute, durable, AND easy to take care of. They also have clothes for grown-ups! http://www.bodenusa.com/

Favorite thing I saw this week

I saw (500) Days of Summer last Sunday, and it was great. It's a love story of sorts, but told out of order over the course of 500 days. I loved how it unfolded, and teased you with things to come, and i also thought it was pretty realistic. Plus, the soundtrack was excellent--lots of mopey British '80s stuff, with a little bit of upbeat Hall & Oates thrown in for good measure. Here's a link to my favorite scene (Note: The movie is NOT a musical, this is just Tom's reaction the morning after sleeping with Summer, the object of his affection). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seAJsrtIbQ

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't get your link to work and I can't wait to see the pics of your pigeon party. You are so creative and that was such a cute idea. I'm so sorry we couldn't be there.

    ReplyDelete