Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas cards! Golden Globes!

Favorite thing I saw this week (1 of 2)
My talented friend Alice Allen designed our Christmas card this year. It turned out great! My mother-in-law took the fabulous picture. Snapfish printed them. (I addressed the envelopes and put the stamps on them!)




Favorite thing I saw this week (2 of 2)
So excited about the Golden Globe nominations. Hooray for The Hurt Locker! Hooray for Modern Family! Hooray for (500) Days of Summer! And what about The Hangover earning a nomination for Best Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical. I know it won't win, but I like that such a screwball comedy is nominated. Hooray for no nominations for New Moon!


Favorite thing AM did (didn't do) this week
We had great intentions of going to see Santa on Friday afternoon. We got to the mall, rode the "moving stairs" (AM's favorite part of the mall), and proceeded to Santa's area. We had to wait for him to come back from his break. When he did, AM promptly said "no, no, no," demanded to be held, and wouldn't even look in St. Nick's direction. We waited through one family to go through the process, and showed her the kids--all smiles, no tears. She still would only say "no, no, no," and was stiff as a board. We decided there was no use in waiting in the line for her to completely melt down, and left. Maybe next year, Santa.


Favorite thing I ate this week
I snacked all week on leftover cheese and sausage balls. They're the best; cold or hot. And they are so easy...1 lb sausage, 1 lb shredded cheddar, 3 cups Bisquick, dash of tabasco, dash of water. Mix together and bake at 350 'til bubbly and brown. I might even make another batch before Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment