Monday, June 29, 2009

Atlanta edition

We had a fun weekend in Atlanta with my parents. Saw the Braves play on Saturday, and went to Zoo Atlanta on Sunday.
Also, in case you can't tell, I got a new Flip video camera last week. It is fabulous--so easy to use, and the picture quality is great. We used a small fraction of our credit card reward points to "buy" it, and it was well worth it!

Favorite thing AM did this week
AM was very well-behaved at the Braves game, and even did the tomahawk chop several times. Of course, seeing that it was a Red Sox game, the Boston fans outnumbered the Braves fans by about 2 to 1. And they were very insistent on doing their "Let's go Red Sox!" chant, over and over, and AM tried to join in with that as well. I have a video of it here, enjoy!

Favorite thing I read this week

I am almost done with Lesley Kagen's Whistling in the Dark, and I must say it is a wondeful book. It's part mystery, part coming-of-age, and part comedy, with a little bit of drama as well. It's told from the perspective of ten-year old Sally O'Malley, and takes place during the summer of 1959 in her wacky Milwaukee neighborhood. I only have about 50 pages left, and I can already tell this is going to be one of those books where I will really miss the characters (especially Sally) when I am finished.

Favorite thing I watched this week

At Zoo Atlanta they have a great exhibit, featuring their family of Giant Pandas. We headed there first yesterday when we got to the zoo. This turned out to be a good move, because two out of the three pandas (the mom and the one-year old baby) were very active. AM loved watching them, and it was neat to see the two animals not only lumbering around, but also interacting with each other. Here's a video:

No comments:

Post a Comment