Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hula hoops, old men, and Fraggles (what a combo!)

Favorite thing AM did this week

It's quiet around here since AM has gone to spend a few days with my parents at the beach. Before she left she was thrilled to constantly remind me that Grandmommy and Grandado were in Alaska, seeing whales. I think that might be all she ever associates with the state of Alaska.

In unrelated rambling, AM thinks she has mastered the hula hoop. At the tender age of 23 months, no less. Her version of "hula hooping," however, is holding the hoop up to her waist and spinning herself, rather than the hoop around. It's quite funny, but I have been very slack, and do not have this "skill" on video yet.


Favorite thing I read this week

I love this brief article from today's Birmingham News (originally printed in the Decatur Daily). What an adorable group of old men!



Favorite thing I saw this week

I let AM rent a video from the library last week, and she chose (okay, I chose for her) Fraggle Rock, Season One (Disc 1). I loved this show as a kid, and watching it 25 (or so) years later, it did not disappoint. AM was less amused by the Fraggles, and more amused by the puppet dog, Sprokit, but that's alright. We'll get Disc 2 next week, and I know she will grow to love the Fraggles themselves, just as much as I did.



2 comments:

  1. whatever you do, just don't turn the video in late. the fine at emmet o'neal is up to like $2 a day per video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never go back to our local library again because I kept Spiderman for over 2 weeks. I loved fraggle rock when I was little!

    ReplyDelete