Monday, July 20, 2009

Knuffle Bunny and then some...

Favorite thing AM did this week

Lately anytime AM says "thank you," she adds a "so much" at the end. I've tried to capture it on video but she usually says it so low that it doesn't turn up on the audio very well. I'll keep trying!

On a totally unrelated topic, AM's giant set of Lego blocks came with one little man figure. We named this guy George many months ago. I cannot remember why. Last month a family friend gave AM a set of 20 (!) little Lego figures. They represent everything from a doctor, a zookeeper, and, I kid you not, a prisoner. Anyway, in response to the original George, AM has named all of these extraneous Lego figures "not-George." Here's a picture of a few of the not-Georges, including prisoner # 62019.


Favorite thing I read this week

AM and I both love reading Mo Willems' books. We started out with his Pigeon series, and then moved to Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale. Last week we checked out Knuffle Bunny Too: A Tale of Mistaken Identity. It is hilarious, and all kids (and mommies, daddies, etc.) should read it. Here's a link to all things Mo Willems, including his funny blog. He's a genius of a kids writer, and there may be a Mo Willems-themed birthday party on the horizon! http://www.mowillems.com/
Favorite thing I watched this week
Summer TV is the pits since I hate reality-television. I have, however, rediscovered the glory of "Cheers," whose reruns play super late on the Hallmark Channel. I DVR them, and they are the perfect show to fall asleep to (with visions of Sam, Diane, and Carla dancing in my head).

1 comment:

  1. We L-O-V-E Mo Willems!! Our favorite is Edwina: The dinosaur who didn't know she was extinct. It is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete